CARMA 2018 - Call for Participation
Internet and Big Data in Economics and Social Sciences
2nd International Conference on Advanced Research Methods and Analytics
This year's CARMA features
- Special session on "Big data for Central Banks," chaired by Juri Marcucci (Bank of Italy)
- Special session on "Using Big Data in Official Statistics," chaired by Gian Luigi Mazzi (GOPA Luxembourg)
- Keynote speech by Norbert Wirth about "Data Science development at scale"
- High quality scientific program, with 65 papers divided into four main topic areas:
- Internet and Big Data sources in economics and social sciences
- Big Data methods in economics and social sciences
- Internet and Big Data applications
- Digital transformation and global society
- Poster sessions with new and innovative work in-progress (accepting submissions)
Call for Posters
The poster sessions of CARMA 2018 will provide an opportunity for presenting late-breaking results, on-going research projects, and speculative or innovative work in progress. These sessions are informal and highly interactive, and allow authors and participants to engage in in-depth discussions about the presented work from which new collaborations, ideas, and solutions can emerge.
Posters should cover the same key areas as the main research tracks and should contain original cutting-edge ideas, as well as speculative/provocative ones. Proposals of new research directions and innovative interdisciplinary approaches are also welcome.
At least one of the poster authors is required to register at the conference and will be required to give a brief presentation of the poster in the interactive poster session.
About the venue
Valencia is the third largest city in Spain and is located on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. It embraces culture and tradition from the past combined with singular architecture, exciting gastronomy, nightlife, and beautiful white sand beaches. Valencia is the capital city of the Comunitat Valenciana region, which is major tourist destination in summer. More info at:
The organizing committee looks forward to welcoming you all to a fruitful conference with open discussions and important networking regarding research on Internet and Big Data methods and sources across economics and social sciences disciplines.