Project: The LUMECOS project aims to develop a spatial micro-econometric land-use change model for application in assessing the impact of ecosystem services relevant to the dissemination of micro-organisms, crop health and climate processes. The successful applicant will contribute both to the development of spatial econometric discrete estimators for multinomial discrete choices usable for large samples (static and dynamic cases), and to the development and implementation (using R software) of related tests of model specification and of predicting accuracy. S/he will contribute to applied model specification based on annual spatial micro-data on land owners and farmers in Provence region (2000-2012).
Keywords: Land-use change model, Spatial discrete choice models, Spatial dynamic panel, Generalized Method of Moments, Acreage Response Models.
Cut off-date : 15 nov 2013 (note that eligibility checking need at least one week before deadline),
Expected starting date : dec 2013
Basic salary: 2300 €/month + AgreenSkills premiums (1200 €/month)
The post doc is expected to have a strong background in spatial econometrics and/or discrete choice model.
Incoming researchers must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
• Holding a PhD (or PhD will have been awarded by mobility start date);
• Having a maximum of 10 years research experience (after Master's degree, i.e. the title giving access to PhD);
• Not having spent more than 12 months in France within the last 3 years immediately prior to the expected date of recruitment ;
• Being able to write and speak fluent English or French;
• At least 1 publication in an inter-disciplinary or specialised peer-reviewed journal;
• Having 1 publication in an inter-disciplinary or specialised peer-reviewed journal per 2 years of post-doctorate period (patents count as publications) taking into account the breaks;
• Your research project is relevant to AgreenSkills fields of interest and must be compliant with the opinion 24 of the European Group of Ethics in Science and New Technologies.
• The mobility period should last at least 12 months and up to 24 months
How to apply to be an Agreenskills incoming fellow.
All of the steps are described in the Guide for Applicants available on the Agreenskills website under the section “Applications”:
Here we have attached the guide for your convenience
To apply, you must complete online your application on the secure part of the AgreenSkills web portal. Applications sent by email or other form will not be considered.
The deadline for the next round of applications is 15 Nov 2013
The very first step is to register as new account (create new account). For this, you only need to choose a username and password and provide a valid e-mail address.
The username and the password you specify will be used to create and submit your applications and to maintain and update your profile.
Once you have access to the application system, you can complete it gradually, step by step following the instructions. The system saves all your data until final submission.
Please read carefully the Guide for applicants before applying.