We are opening a 2-year Post Doc position in the ANET Lab Budapest.
ANET Lab is an interdisciplinary group at the Institute of Economics in Budapest and aims to uncover how urbanization and the structure of social networks are interrelated. We build our research projects on large data bases and intend to answer the questions how social networks form in geographical space, how the structure of social networks explain economic and technological progress in cities and how dynamic learning and spreading processes happen in spatial social networks. For more information, see our website at https://anet.krtk.mta.hu.
We are seeking a Post-Doc colleague who will be employed by ANET Lab from September 2020 until June 2022. The new colleague is expected to join at least one of the ongoing research projects of the Lab but will be given the opportunity to start new ones as well. Our projects include:
- Automation and development: we investigate how AI and automation threatens occupations, influences industry structure, business opportunities and labour mobility in regions.
- Diffusion and churn of innovation: we develop an empirical network-science framework to predict the adoption and disadoption of products and technologies at local scales.
- Organizational networks, skills and performance: we analyse the relationship between skills of employees, the network structure of their interactions, and firm performance.
- Price of contact reduction: we aim to understand the extent to which mobility restrictions in certain industries help slowing the spread of COVID-19 in the light of consequent economic effects.
- Social networks and inequality: we explore how network structures in cities contribute to income and educational inequalities.
- Technological diversification of regions: we explore how collaboration networks facilitate the production of new technologies in regions, and the path-dependence regions follow in technological development.
Please, find the call on this link.
Application deadline: May 31, 2020. Starting date: September 1, 2020 or upon agreement.