28 - 31 May 2019, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
Abstract submission deadline: 10 December 2018
Early bird registration deadline: 1 April 2019
The International Conference on Energy Research and Social Science is the premier global forum for exploring the nexus of energy and society.
The 2019 conference will highlight the intersection of on-going and future changes in the energy sector and global society. Because energy is intimately woven into every society, alterations in energy systems reverberate throughout economies, cultures, landscapes, and politics. These changes transform human futures, even as social, policy, and market innovation create new pathways for energy technologies and industries. The opportunity to remake energy systems into more environmentally sustainable forms is thus also an opportunity to improve societal wellbeing and justice.
Martin Pasqualetti, Arizona State University, USA
Clark Miller, Arizona State University, USA
Julia Hobson Haggerty, Montana State University, USA
TOPICS: Abstracts are invited that explore the intersection of energy and social change. Illustrative examples of appropriate topics include, but are not limited to:
- Societal drivers, dynamics, and outcomes of energy systems change (including social, economic, cultural, or political aspects)
- Public perspectives on and responses to new energy technologies
- Innovations in energy and electricity markets and policy
- Changing landscapes and geographies of energy production, transport, and consumption
- The social practices of energy use, demand, and behavior
- Historical and social analyses of transitions
- Cities, urban energy systems, and urban form and function
- New models of governance and democracy
- Geopolitics of energy transformations
- The energy-poverty nexus, including questions of ethics, justice, and inequality in energy systems change
- Energy innovation and sustainable development
- Enduring and changing relationships of energy, gender, and race
Interdisciplinary contributions from across the social sciences, environmental studies, humanities, and energy research are welcomed.
SUBMISSIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: For full details visit: https://www.elsevier.com/erss-conference